B2 2.7 GPA LSAT 161

NotALawSchooler

NotALawSchooler
  • Applicant

What are my odds of getting into Usask for Fall 2024?

* Strong SK Connections

* Weak GPA

* Decent LSAT

* Mature Student 

* Enrolling into a BA program to improve my GPA in Fall 2023, if I get 80+ I can get to a 3.2 - 3.4 GPA.

Give it to me straight 🙂

Edited by NotALawSchooler

What does "very strong connections" mean?

Do you have extenuating circumstances?

If your B2 is 2.7, what is your cGPA?

Honestly, based on just your post, I would put your chances at close to 0%. Your best bet is to enroll in the fall (like you are doing) and basically do another degree. I don't think one semester is enough to overcome such a low GPA. You need to show that you can consistently excel academically. That means at least two years of, preferably, straight A's.

NotALawSchooler
  • Applicant

Thank you for the input, I appreciate it. 

I should have clarified, there website states "The committee gives a slight preference to applicants with a Saskatchewan connection or residents of the Yukon, Northwest and Nunavut Territories, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador (these being provinces or territories with no law college)." I suspect they want applicants and/or lawyers to remain in Saskatchewan upon graduation. 

They do need a minimum of 24 credits ie.. one full year for which boosting to a 3.2 - 3.4 is very realistic.

Again, I appreciate the input.

Edited by NotALawSchooler

Desilegallyblonde
  • Applicant

or you can work on your lsat without the extra courses. i have seen people get in with lower stats. tmu takes your best 20

and you are a mature student too, my lsat is 155 and my gpa is around yours if not lower, and i was waitlisted at windsor last year. i am taking the year to work on my lsat and to reapply.

NotALawSchooler
  • Applicant

Thanks for the comment, that is reassuring. I have thought about that as well, I think the hole in my application will be my GPA so I may just get started on improving that this fall as terrible as it sounds!..