Questions about preparing for ON bar exams

Bachtowork

mustangb4
  • Articling Student

Found it harder than barrister. Found estate planning to be HORRIFIC. Real estate (ran out of time) and PR was tricky. Studied for 3 weeks for solicitor. Feeling sad.

• Hugs 2

Sparky
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, mustangb4 said:

Found it harder than barrister. Found estate planning to be HORRIFIC. Real estate (ran out of time) and PR was tricky. Studied for 3 weeks for solicitor. Feeling sad.

+1 for estate planning being terrible. It also felt like it would never end. Every time I thought it was the end of the section I'd turn the page and find more questions.

• Like 1

Bachtowork
  • Articling Student

I found it easier than the barrister exam, mostly because the version I got was at least half PR (I was keeping count). Real estate was the hardest for me. 

mustangb4
  • Articling Student
On 6/14/2023 at 11:01 AM, Bachtowork said:

I found it easier than the barrister exam, mostly because the version I got was at least half PR (I was keeping count). Real estate was the hardest for me. 

what verison did you have? 

Barrister was tough but I was able to read every question and think about it. It felt fair. Solicitor crushed me. I used up almost all of my time on half of the exam and had to guess almost the entire second half. It felt so long. I am stressing about my performance since we do not even know what a passing grade is. does anyone know much it costs to retake?

On 6/14/2023 at 11:01 AM, Bachtowork said:

are there more than one version?

Bachtowork
  • Articling Student
On 6/18/2023 at 1:35 PM, mustangb4 said:

what verison did you have? 

I don't remember. 

On 6/19/2023 at 5:25 AM, Oswald1998 said:

Barrister was tough but I was able to read every question and think about it. It felt fair. Solicitor crushed me. I used up almost all of my time on half of the exam and had to guess almost the entire second half. It felt so long. I am stressing about my performance since we do not even know what a passing grade is. does anyone know much it costs to retake?

are there more than one version?

I believe so, that's what I heard. For barrister, I remember my question booklet said version 11.