Advice

A_uwaterloo

A_uwaterloo
  • Applicant

Hello everyone! I'm new to this page . I have seen really helpful information here and I'm glad that you all are so helpful! I just graduated from Uwaterloo from Liberal Studies with an 82% which is considered a distinction. Just wanted to know if this much % is competitive for law schools in Canada? I still have to give my LSAT and just started. I'm planning to apply to many schools like UOFT, Alberta, Windsor, Western, TMU etc.Also to get more competitive how much LSAT should I aim for? and also any other tips would really help! Thanks once again! And please pardon me for any mistake!

Chewy
  • Law School Admit

Yes, it’s a competitive cGPA.

Aim for a 180. You won’t need a 180, nor will you likely ever score that, but studying and preparing as if that’s your target is setting yourself up for better success.

With that said, because I know that answer doesn’t always satisfy or calm the nerves, if you scored around 165, that would put you in the competitive range for most schools, closer to 170 would be competitive for all schools.

Edited by Chewy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Monophobia
  • Law Student

Use the OLSAS calculator to convert your GPA for Ontario schools. Not saying that your GPA isn't competitive, but most people lose points after the conversion and it's important to check. Start studying for the LSAT immediately!

• Thanks 1

A_uwaterloo
  • Applicant

hello my overall GPA comes down to a 3.50 after using this calculator. The rest of my stats are 

Last two years (L2):3.47

Last three years (L3):3.57

Best two years (B2):3.77

Best three years (B3):3.64

Monophobia
  • Law Student

We have similar stats. I was admitted to Queen's this cycle with a 161 LSAT. Like @Chewy said, try to aim as high as possible to maximize your chances of acceptance. You and I don't really have the most competitive GPA, so it would be best to try to compensate with a higher LSAT. Best of luck!