Historical Waitlist movement? General applicants

Arnold Forrest

Arnold Forrest
  • Law Student

Hello all!

Does anybody have any insight as to how far down the waitlist UVic usually extends offers to? I've recently been waitlisted at UVic and am trying to gauge my chances of receiving an offer (while also keeping my expectations low to not get disappointed). I'm sitting around spot #20 on the waitlist.

I see that last year's (2022) accepted thread had someone in off of being originally ranked #9 but no further updates past that (potentially an underreported year?). Some people are saying that this year is a less competitive year than the last couple cycles (not even sure if this is true), so I don't know how this might have an affect on someone receiving an offer from the waitlist.

Conversely, I see that 2017 had someone accepted in August that was ranked #18th, and even 2018 had someone ranked #42nd receiving an offer in August, 2020 had someone accepted from #17 on the waitlist.

It seems like years prior to 2021 went down well past #15... but I'm just wondering if anyone had any speculation as to how this cycle will go. Anybody else waiting on UVic's waitlist as well?

Thanks in advance everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
181399e
  • Applicant

Hi! I was just accepted off the waitlist this morning and was told that I was #17! I hope that helps give you some clarity 🙂 best of luck!

On 6/9/2023 at 7:50 PM, Arnold Forrest said:

Hello all!

Does anybody have any insight as to how far down the waitlist UVic usually extends offers to? I've recently been waitlisted at UVic and am trying to gauge my chances of receiving an offer (while also keeping my expectations low to not get disappointed). I'm sitting around spot #20 on the waitlist.

I see that last year's (2022) accepted thread had someone in off of being originally ranked #9 but no further updates past that (potentially an underreported year?). Some people are saying that this year is a less competitive year than the last couple cycles (not even sure if this is true), so I don't know how this might have an affect on someone receiving an offer from the waitlist.

Conversely, I see that 2017 had someone accepted in August that was ranked #18th, and even 2018 had someone ranked #42nd receiving an offer in August, 2020 had someone accepted from #17 on the waitlist.

It seems like years prior to 2021 went down well past #15... but I'm just wondering if anyone had any speculation as to how this cycle will go. Anybody else waiting on UVic's waitlist as well?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Edited by 181399e
  • Like 1