Do I need to firmly accept by the 15th?

Fatima

Fatima
  • Law School Admit

Hi everyone, UOttawa course registration is on the 20th and we received an email saying we must firmly accept by the 15th to register. I am still waiting on two schools and was wondering if I can wait until July 1 st to firmly accept or would that wait mean my uottawa spot gets revoked?

thank you!

Debtful
  • Applicant

If you don't firmly accept you cant register for courses. If you wait until July 1 it means you register for courses after July 1 (i.e after the vast majority of students have already selected their courses).

• Like 2

cookiemonster
  • Applicant
3 hours ago, Debtful said:

If you don't firmly accept you cant register for courses. If you wait until July 1 it means you register for courses after July 1 (i.e after the vast majority of students have already selected their courses).

Can someone clarify what 'enrolling in courses' entails? Its to my understanding that it is only for the preferences of which course we want to take as a small/large group, but every L1 takes the same courses right? There are no electives?

flertalgerdal1
  • Applicant
25 minutes ago, cookiemonster said:

Can someone clarify what 'enrolling in courses' entails? Its to my understanding that it is only for the preferences of which course we want to take as a small/large group, but every L1 takes the same courses right? There are no electives?

You pick your small group and then you are registered automatically for the other courses based on that specific "cohort's" schedule. 

click on the small groups on this page to see each schedule:

https://www.uottawa.ca/faculty-law/common-law/student-centre/enrollment/first-year-english-jd-programs

• Like 1