Dal vs uOttawa

cptn_Canuck

cptn_Canuck
  • Law School Admit

I know this topic has been answered before, but I was recently accepted into Dal. I missed the Ontario cycle this past fall and am still interested in applying to uOttawa. I am from Ottawa and have a full time job with the federal government that I can stay at this next year while applying to uOttawa. I have never been to Halifax before, but I have been to other coastal cities and was a fan. I am most interested in environmental/energy/natural resources law. Any insights as to what would be the best choice given my interests? 

torontoraptors2016
  • Undergrad

Both are good schools, but what is the guarantee that you will get into uOttawa next year? You must weigh that into your decision. 

• Thanks 1

erin otoole
  • Lawyer

The opportunity costs of being a lawyer for an extra year likely outweighs waiting around for a possible acceptance to Ottawa. That's some calculations you'll have to do on your end. 

On a side note I'd rather live in Halifax for 3 years over Ottawa. Halifax is a student's paradise, pre covid anyways. 

• Thanks 1