Vancouver firms that filter 2L OCI applications based on GPA

clipclip

clipclip
  • Law Student

I have a B average from U of A after 1L and I'm curious which (if any) Vancouver firms filter applicants based on GPA. I know cover letters can hold a lot of weight but that doesn't mean much for me if recruiters don't even get to my cover letter because I have a B average. Thanks!

lawfacade123
  • Law Student

I don't know if many have a hard cutoff. It probably depends who happens to be looking at your application. I had a couple of friends with similar grades. One had a completely full OCI schedule and had to turn interviews down. The other got maybe 5-6, but only had applied to about 10. A third got 2. To me that suggests that a B average isn't going to count you out. Just apply broadly and keep an open mind.