LSAT ADVICE

grz

grz
  • Undergrad

Hello, 

I have been studying for the LSAT since beginning of May and planning on taking the August LSAT. I have been PTing consistently 162-165. I read all three powerscore books. I just got 7 sage and am going the the syllabus focusing on Logic Games. Any tips of what to do further. I want to aim for the highest score possible and feel a bit stuck with still two months left. Do i just keep drilling and practicing? As for RC I have spent minimal time on this and was going to shift more focus on it starting next week. Any tips? Ive heard its very hard to improve. My RC scores have varied extremely from -10 all the way to -3. 

Jean-Ralphio Saperstein
  • Law Student

Can you register for an earlier date and keep the August one? You might benefit from taking it twice, where the first time might calm any nerves and you would see how you do in the testing environment. I know I was extremely nervous the first time I took it, but the second time I felt much more comfortable and focused.  

For RC, do a lot of untimed old sections and see what you need work on. Then once you feel comfortable, move onto timed sections. Read and re-read those especially hard passages. 

You could also look into HarvardReady private tutoring. They are excellent and well worth the price. 

• Like 1

grz
  • Undergrad

The August date is the earliest date otherwise thats exactly what I was thinking. I still have the option to retake in october or november if nerves get the best of me! Thank you for the advice! 

doggoford
  • Applicant

My advice is to take as long as you can to PT in the desired score range. I postponed my test date twice and took the actual test twice and ended up with a very good score. It's not too late to even take the January LSAT, in my opinion.