2L Course Registration

heyhey

chaboywb
  • Lawyer

Are you a 2L? I recall having an absolutely terrible lineup of courses on course registration day but got on a bunch of waitlists and ended up with a great schedule come September. The system is designed to prioritize 3Ls getting their required courses.

flawless1551
  • Applicant

I'm wondering the same thing... I am currently in 2L not registered in a single course and waitlisted for SOME in winter and I had 2 screens open (one for fall term, one for winter).

In the virtual line waiting to speak to info services about this, I am so confused as to how this is allowed? Who is running admin? why do we not have a points system like other law schools? what happens if we don't get into any of our mandatory courses but wanted to do exchange in 3L?

Debtful
  • Applicant

I know people (2L) who got into everything they wanted then some who got into nothing. Its ridiculous. 

mewtwo101
  • Law Student

I'm in 3L and I think spots that were reserved for 3Ls will open up tomorrow so there will be waitlist movement. I would say the same as @chaboywb -- last year I remember lots of people not getting into the classes they wanted right away but then getting in once waitlist spots opened up through the summer for the fall term, and definitely for the winter term. The exception would maybe be small seminar classes with few spots of some January term classes.