LSAT: 167

GPA: 3.5

L2/B2: 3.6-3.7ish

UBC cGPA (with drops): 84

Not great softs, some work relevant work experience

planning to apply to UBC, UofA, UofC, UVic, UW, McGill, UofT

TheDevilIKnow
  • Articling Student

Decent shot at Alberta, Calgary, and Windsor based on the numbers. I don't understand UBC's GPA so I won't comment on that. Odds are slim, I would think, for Toronto, McGill, or Victoria (unless drops make a big difference). A 167 is great, of course, but probably not high enough to overcome that GPA for Toronto or Victoria.

If you have enough work experience to count as 'mature', then might be worth looking at Western as well, if they still have that category... it's been 4 years since my application year so my advice is probably getting rusty.

Patient0L
  • Law Student
13 hours ago, name said:

LSAT: 167

GPA: 3.5

L2/B2: 3.6-3.7ish

UBC cGPA (with drops): 84

Not great softs, some work relevant work experience

planning to apply to UBC, UofA, UofC, UVic, UW, McGill, UofT

I am assuming that your GPA-percentage conversion is because you are going from a 4 pt scale to a 4.3 point scale? Otherwise it is off. 

IIRC, a 167, is around the 93ish-94ish percentile. UVic posts their stats, and you are within the range: https://www.uvic.ca/law/assets/docs/lsat-gpa-demographic-chart-2021.pdf

I got into UVic and UBC with the same LSAT and a lower GPA.

Wouldn't be able to speak to schools outside of BC.

Good luck!

kollykibbler
  • Applicant

I had a slightly higher LSAT (170) and roughly the same GPA. I applied pretty much everywhere outside of Ontario and got into UVic UofA UofC McGill (my softs did the heavy lifting here) and Dal, was waitlisted at UBC (my GPA with drops is an 80%). McGill is a black box but I like your chances in BC and Alberta.

name
  • Applicant
8 hours ago, Patient0L said:

I am assuming that your GPA-percentage conversion is because you are going from a 4 pt scale to a 4.3 point scale? Otherwise it is off. 

IIRC, a 167, is around the 93ish-94ish percentile. UVic posts their stats, and you are within the range: https://www.uvic.ca/law/assets/docs/lsat-gpa-demographic-chart-2021.pdf

I got into UVic and UBC with the same LSAT and a lower GPA.

Wouldn't be able to speak to schools outside of BC.

Good luck!

Going from a percentages to 4 pt scale. (I converted each percentage grade I received to the GPA equivalent and then took the average).

And thanks, just wondering, would you say you had good/average/below average softs/personal statements and did you apply under general?

6 hours ago, kollykibbler said:

I had a slightly higher LSAT (170) and roughly the same GPA. I applied pretty much everywhere outside of Ontario and got into UVic UofA UofC McGill (my softs did the heavy lifting here) and Dal, was waitlisted at UBC (my GPA with drops is an 80%). McGill is a black box but I like your chances in BC and Alberta.

Thanks! Just curious what kinda softs you had (work exp/clubs/volunteer)? Also, did you apply under general?

kollykibbler
  • Applicant
16 hours ago, name said:

Going from a percentages to 4 pt scale. (I converted each percentage grade I received to the GPA equivalent and then took the average).

And thanks, just wondering, would you say you had good/average/below average softs/personal statements and did you apply under general?

Thanks! Just curious what kinda softs you had (work exp/clubs/volunteer)? Also, did you apply under general?

I'll PM!