Chance me please!

louisthegerman

louisthegerman
  • Applicant

Hi, hoping to get some advice on my chances of getting into a few different law schools I'm really hoping to stay in Toronto, or at least Ontario. My GPA is pretty mixed (some grades very high some very low) so I think I'm not leaning towards a school that looks at all 4 years of my undergrad. My plan A is to apply to Lincoln Alexander because it's so weighted towards softs. 

LSAT: 166

GPA: 3.3

B2: 3.55

B20 (Lincoln Alexander): 3.77

Fairly strong softs. Worked in politics and have pretty good activist experience in housing. 

planning to apply to Lincoln Alexander, Osgoode, Queens, Windsor

• 2 weeks later...
toby1994
  • Law Student

I got into Queen’s, Windsor and was waitlisted at Osgoode with the same GPA. My B2 and LSAT were a bit higher, but I think you’ve definitely got a chance. Are you applying access? 

• Like 1

josej8934
  • Law Student

Hi! Your chances of getting into law school look good. Your LSAT score is above the median for all of the schools you mentioned, and your GPA is above the median for Lincoln Alexander and Windsor.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 2:57 PM, louisthegerman said:

Hi, hoping to get some advice on my chances of getting into a few different law schools I'm really hoping to stay in Toronto, or at least Ontario. My GPA is pretty mixed (some grades very high some very low) so I think I'm not leaning towards a school that looks at all 4 years of my undergrad. My plan A is to apply to Lincoln Alexander because it's so weighted towards softs. 

Fairly strong softs. Worked in politics and have pretty good activist experience in housing. 

what is your L2?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
louisthegerman
  • Applicant
On 7/17/2023 at 12:50 PM, luckycharm said:

what is your L2?

Very bad! 2.61 

On 7/11/2023 at 5:06 PM, toby1994 said:

I got into Queen’s, Windsor and was waitlisted at Osgoode with the same GPA. My B2 and LSAT were a bit higher, but I think you’ve definitely got a chance. Are you applying access? 

I'm applying access (mature) for TMU, but not for the other schools. 

zlaw
  • Applicant
On 7/11/2023 at 5:06 PM, toby1994 said:

If you don’t mind me asking, what was your B2 and LSAT?

toby1994
  • Law Student
On 10/5/2023 at 3:52 PM, zlaw said:

If you don’t mind me asking, what was your B2 and LSAT?

My B2 was 3.6ish I believe and 168 LSAT. 

On 6/28/2023 at 2:57 PM, louisthegerman said:

" I'm not leaning towards a school that looks at all 4 years of my undergrad.

what is your L2?

Very bad! 2.61 

I did a quick calculation.   4 years undergrad with a 2.61 L2, you need 3.99 for year 1 and year 2.

Then your B2 should be 3.99. Also, are your GPA, L2, B2 etc. per OLSAS conversion?  

(3.99+3.99+2.61+2.61)/4 = 3.3.

Did I miss anything?

louisthegerman
  • Applicant

My undergrad was stretched over 9 years. First two years were full-time, the rest were part-time. So it's a bit all over the place. What I'm saying is my "L2" is really just the lsat 10 credits of my undergraduate career. 

last *