Toronto Articling ITC/PFO 2023

sarcasticlemon

sas97
  • Law Student

I'm starting to feel like this recruit is a dud for me. I'm hoping to be surprised tommorrow but no ITCs as of yet. Not sure where I went wrong or if this year is exceptionally competitive. 

Edited by sas97
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 3

95tillinfinity
  • Law Student

ITC from Ministry of Labour, and the Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee 

practitionerpak
  • Law School Admit
16 minutes ago, chaboywb said:

Assert dominance in your interview by pointing this out, preferably with a laminated copy in hand.

This city is too expensive for laminated copies. I will have to settle for a screenshot on my phone. 

sarcasticlemon
  • Law Student

ITC Springing (guys clear this is a sign it really isn’t over til it’s over. To my fellow PFO collecting friends, there’s hope ❤️ )

• Like 2
  • Hugs 6

Kevinwest
  • Articling Student
On 7/11/2023 at 3:21 PM, RecruitGains said:

Anybody heard from Ridout & Maybee?

Yah, on the 17th… 👌

3 hours ago, lawstudent_6 said:

ITC from Clyde and Co this morning.

Who didn’t 

LMP
  • Articling Student
10 minutes ago, Kevinwest said:

Yah, on the 17th… 👌

Who didn’t 

First post here and already off to a terrible start. Good work! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

sarcasticlemon
  • Law Student
18 minutes ago, lawuo said:

Does anyone have an idea about how many people firms can realistically interview?

My school recommends doing a maximum of 6-8 over the two days. 

Approx. 4 slots per day, 8am-10am, 11pm-1pm, 2pm-3pm , 3pm-4pm. But this also assumes in person interviews, and needing travel time. 

edit: whoops read the question wrong. Thought you were asking how many a student should schedule 

ITC FCL LLP

Edited by sarcasticlemon

LMP
  • Articling Student
5 minutes ago, lawuo said:

Does anyone have an idea about how many people firms can realistically interview?

My firm is interviewing about 18 people. 

Legallybrxwn
  • Law Student
7 minutes ago, lawuo said:

I think it depends, I've been told the sweet spot is 4-6. Consider if the firms you are interviewing with do callbacks for 2nd and 3rd round interviews. If they do, you probably don't want to have your day 2 and 3 fully booked or you would have to consider cancelling interviews if need be. 

*oops sorry I read that wrong I just realized

Edited by Legallybrxwn

loonie
  • Law Student
3 minutes ago, lawuo said:

From what I understand, the process is somewhat similar to if you got an in-firm interview during the 2L recruit. So, it may be helpful to refer to the ultra vires report on 2L in-firm interview numbers. The average ratio for applicants that interview to jobs is roughly between 4:1 to 6:1. That number can be skewed however depending on the firm. Also, it does not necessarily account for applicants that may have received an offer but chose elsewhere. 

KingoftheBritons
  • Law Student

This might be a stupid question... but what happens if two firms call at once? I'm only expecting one at 8:00 am but am hoping for more to come in. Do i need to call back right away if I'm on the line with someone else? 

secunda
  • Law Student
12 minutes ago, KingoftheBritons said:

This might be a stupid question... but what happens if two firms call at once? I'm only expecting one at 8:00 am but am hoping for more to come in. Do i need to call back right away if I'm on the line with someone else? 

Not at all a stupid question - I believe you are able to call them back once you finish up the call with who you were speaking with! I am not sure if this is helpful, but maybe have several numbers on hand of the firms you applied to ready, so that you're ready to call them back ASAP if just directly returning the call doesn't work.

Edited by secunda
  • Thanks 1

goldensnitch
  • Law Student

This might also be a stupid question, but is it good practice to respond to ITC emails? I've seen online advice that says no, just wait for the call, and had others say that replying and name recognition is great. Any input is appreciated, thanks! 

Edited by goldensnitch

RecruitGains
  • Law Student

How many rounds of interviews does the articling recruit usually comprise of?

lawschoolhelpme2020
  • Law Student

Anyone else without ITCs. I am feeling distraught and wondering what exactly happened with the 20 places I applied to and if there is a chance of getting a single call tomorrow

• Hugs 2

Wounded wrist
52 minutes ago, lawschoolhelpme2020 said:

Anyone else without ITCs. I am feeling distraught and wondering what exactly happened with the 20 places I applied to and if there is a chance of getting a single call tomorrow

We are in the same boat! And I know it's not over until it's over so keep the hope alive! 💪🏽

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1