Bad 1L Grades. Should I still apply to OCI's?

Jean-Ralphio Saperstein

Jean-Ralphio Saperstein
  • Law Student

Title. I got 2 C's and nothing else but B's. I have valid reasons for these grades but I know that doesn't mean much. Should I apply to the OCI recruit anyway?

CleanHands
  • Lawyer

You're unlikely to get any OCI jobs if you apply.

You're guaranteed not to get any OCI jobs if you don't apply.

I never understand why people ask this question (and it's asked every cycle), so do you mind explaining what your concern is? Maybe if you do, someone can address it more directly. If it's a question of whether it's "worth it" to put in the time and effort to apply to jobs you probably won't get, that's really not something anyone else can answer for you.

Edited by CleanHands
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
LMP
  • Articling Student

Yeah OP, costs you nothing to apply and I think you'd always regret not giving it a shot. 

Your grades aren't doing you any favours but you should do your best to craft as compelling a narrative as you can and apply broadly. 

• Like 1