Vancouver ITCs 2023

scoobydoo

scoobydoo
  • Law Student

Figured I would start this thread for the Vancouver 2024/25 articling recruit. ITC emails are being sent out between 8:00 AM today until 8:00 PM tomorrow!

Edited by scoobydoo
Added context

icecreamluver
  • Law Student
5 minutes ago, hungryhippos1 said:

Any other ITCs? I haven’t heard anything…starting to lose hope. 

I’m hoping the firms are late in sending them out 

• Like 3

scoobydoo
  • Law Student
22 minutes ago, hungryhippos1 said:

Any other ITCs? I haven’t heard anything…starting to lose hope. 

I haven’t received any either!

edit: just received one from the DOJ.

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

hungryhippos1
  • Law Student

Ok good to know. Hopefully some will trickle in and it’s just slow…

Edited by hungryhippos1
  • Like 3

scoobydoo
  • Law Student
7 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Figured I would start this thread for the Vancouver 2024/25 articling recruit. ITC emails are being sent out between 8:00 AM today until 8:00 PM tomorrow!

I have not received any further ITC’s (including from my #1 choice). Starting to lose hope🥲

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 1

hungryhippos1
  • Law Student

Not a single interview. I don’t know what to do. I didn’t think I was going to get a billion offers or anything, but I don’t think I’m that horrible of a candidate/thought my materials were strong. 

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 3

CandidJD
  • Law Student
2 minutes ago, hungryhippos1 said:

Not a single interview. I don’t know what to do. I didn’t think I was going to get a billion offers or anything, but I don’t think I’m that horrible of a candidate/thought my materials were strong. 

Do you know which one of the firms listed usually doesn't send out ITCs? I'm wondering if it is worth it to wake up at 8am. I go to a maritime law school, so I'm not too familiar with local Vancouver firms.

• Like 1

hungryhippos1
  • Law Student
Just now, CandidJD said:

Do you know which one of the firms listed usually doesn't send out ITCs? I'm wondering if it is worth it to wake up at 8am. I go to a maritime law school, so I'm not too familiar with local Vancouver firms.

I go to an Ontario school so I’m in the same boat. My career office said most firms send ITC, but I’m not sure tbh. 

• Hugs 1

chaboywb
  • Lawyer
7 hours ago, CandidJD said:

Yeah definitely sleep through call day and risk missing an interview offer, that'd be a great move.

• LOL 1

tryingmybest2468
  • Law Student

How long should I expect to wait for calls? Do they all generally happen within the first hour or two or should I keep hoping into the afternoon?

• Hugs 1

oatsstoat
  • Law Student
12 minutes ago, tryingmybest2468 said:

How long should I expect to wait for calls? Do they all generally happen within the first hour or two or should I keep hoping into the afternoon?

Based on career centre information - call day typically only lasts an hour 🙁

• Sad 1