Acceptance in third year?

2010nj

Hi,

I'm hoping to apply this year and I'm looking for some advice. I haven't completed two full years of undergrad yet (only 51 units/17 classes), but will have completed 90 units by April 2022 and will be able to graduate with a 3 year degree. My OLSAS GPA is 3.99 and LSAT diagnostic was a 164 (planning to write in October). My ECs and references are quite strong. Any thoughts? Do I have a chance even though I haven't done two full years of courses? I'm primarily interested in Ontario and BC schools, but am open to others.

TIA!

12 minutes ago, 2010nj said:

Hi,

I'm hoping to apply this year and I'm looking for some advice. I haven't completed two full years of undergrad yet (only 51 units/17 classes), but will have completed 90 units by April 2022 and will be able to graduate with a 3 year degree. My OLSAS GPA is 3.99 and LSAT diagnostic was a 164 (planning to write in October). My ECs and references are quite strong. Any thoughts? Do I have a chance even though I haven't done two full years of courses? I'm primarily interested in Ontario and BC schools, but am open to others.

TIA!

Hard to tell without a real LSAT.

• Like 1

SNAILS
  • Articling Student

I am writing this post assuming that you can actually get an LSAT score 164+. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Even then, best case scenario, you will be able to get into a few law schools "early" without finishing your full undergrad.

Someone like you probably has their sights set on a very competitive law school like U of T. You will not get into U of T "early." Each application through OLSAS is $100. 

I don't really see any realistic scenario where you apply "early" and not turn any offers down in order to get into a "better" school next year.

There are others reasons to wait to apply as well. One extra year of undergrad makes very little difference over the course of your entire life, so you might as well enjoy that year.