If you are still referred after all this time?

LawstudentinCanada

LawstudentinCanada

I have mentally taken it as a rejection, and have started to move on (sounds like a break up I know haha).

But I am kind of wondering why they haven't made a decision on my file yet? Would I ever hear back?

Can you please advise me on what is taking them this long ?

I am referred for DUAL and was waitlisted for single. 

QueensDenning
  • Articling Student

My best guess is that they are waiting just in case people drop the program last minute and there is a seat or two to be filled. It's for this reason that sometimes people are admitted a day or two before classes start. 

LawstudentinCanada
1 minute ago, QueensDenning said:

My best guess is that they are waiting just in case people drop the program last minute and there is a seat or two to be filled. It's for this reason that sometimes people are admitted a day or two before classes start. 

even if i am just referred and not waitlisted? 

So for the DUAL it is the same reason?

What are the chances a student might drop out before classes begin ?

Edited by LawstudentinCanada

QueensDenning
  • Articling Student
Just now, LawstudentinCanada said:

even if i am just referred and not waitlisted? 

So for the DUAL it is the same reason?

What are the chances a student might drop out before classes begin ?

I would assume it would apply to referred as well as waitlisted. I think that too many people apply to schools like Windsor then they have time to actually review. They probably sort by GPA/LSAT and don't get around to reviewing some files unless the need to do so arises (i.e. applicants with higher LSAT/GPA don't accept). I would think it's the same for the dual. No one knows what the "chances" are of a student dropping and then you being admitted - but the dual is the least competitive law program in the country, so I assume some will drop before classes begin. 

• Like 1

LawstudentinCanada
4 hours ago, QueensDenning said:

I would assume it would apply to referred as well as waitlisted. I think that too many people apply to schools like Windsor then they have time to actually review. They probably sort by GPA/LSAT and don't get around to reviewing some files unless the need to do so arises (i.e. applicants with higher LSAT/GPA don't accept). I would think it's the same for the dual. No one knows what the "chances" are of a student dropping and then you being admitted - but the dual is the least competitive law program in the country, so I assume some will drop before classes begin. 

Thats fair and makes so much sense, thank you Queens Denning!! 🙂 hope you are doing well! 

• Like 1