When do people find out if they got an OCI interview?

Pool12

Dnian
  • Law Student

You won't find out until September at the earliest. 

At least for my law school, you will receive notice via the law school's career office. 

chaboywb
  • Lawyer
48 minutes ago, Dnian said:

You won't find out until September at the earliest. 

At least for my law school, you will receive notice via the law school's career office. 

Some firms send out rejections or offers earlier - Davies, for instance, rejected my OCI application before the official OCI list was released by my school. But only a handful of firms do this. I didn't have any OCI offers until the list was released but ended up with 12.

Constantine
  • Law School Admit
6 hours ago, chaboywb said:

Some firms send out rejections or offers earlier - Davies, for instance, rejected my OCI application before the official OCI list was released by my school. But only a handful of firms do this. I didn't have any OCI offers until the list was released but ended up with 12.

How many firms did you end up applying to? 12 Seems like a great amount of firms to land OCI offers. 

LMP
  • Articling Student

As others have said, some firms do send out ITCs and PFOs in early September before the release of OCIs. Feel free to review the OCI threads on this forum for the historical dates.

chaboywb
  • Lawyer
1 hour ago, Constantine said:

How many firms did you end up applying to? 12 Seems like a great amount of firms to land OCI offers. 

I don’t remember but it was a lot. Like, every full service firm and most boutiques. I was definitely rejected by more than I got.

QMT20
  • Lawyer

Small correction to some of the posts in this thread. You may find out about OCI offers from some firms that send ITCs/PFOs starting in August depending on when OCIs are held at your school. The year I went through 2L recruit, OCIs were held in the second-week of September at my school. Firms like Blakes, Davies, Fasken, and Goodmans sent their ITCs around mid-late august. 

You should check your OCI date and expect ITCs/PFOs from certain firms to start earlier or later based on that. Other firms might send their ITCs/PFOs for all schools on the same day regardless of OCI date. There is no single standard across the board. 

• 1 month later...
practitionerpak
  • Law School Admit

I'm participating in the 2L recruit, sent out about two dozen applications and, as others have said, have started get PFOs from some of the bigger firms (Davies sent it yesterday, Blakes was today). Going off of QMT20, expecting more this week. 

I'm an ITL so Thursday is call-day for me. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
ITLNCA
  • NCA Candidate
On 8/28/2023 at 11:20 AM, practitionerpak said:

I'm participating in the 2L recruit, sent out about two dozen applications and, as others have said, have started get PFOs from some of the bigger firms (Davies sent it yesterday, Blakes was today). Going off of QMT20, expecting more this week. 

I'm an ITL so Thursday is call-day for me. 

Fantastic - I'm an ITL too! If I may ask, how many of the couple dozen firms that you applied to did you hear back from? Also, when can we expect to hear back on an in-firm invitation/ rejection?

• 1 month later...
practitionerpak
  • Law School Admit
On 9/18/2023 at 11:56 AM, ITLNCA said:

Fantastic - I'm an ITL too! If I may ask, how many of the couple dozen firms that you applied to did you hear back from? Also, when can we expect to hear back on an in-firm invitation/ rejection?

Logging on here after a while - I heard back from about half the firms, with one interview and the rest being PFOs. re: call back for in-firm, that's today 🙂 good luck!