Navigating Receptions

johncena

johncena
  • Applicant

Hey everyone,

So two of the firms that I will be interviewing with for the articling recruit have scheduled a reception on the same day from 5 PM to 7 PM. I am unsure how I would go about navigating this. I understand that I don't have to stay the whole time at one firm's reception but is it okay if I go in late to the other firm's reception (i.e. 5 to 6 at Firm 1 and 6-7 at Firm 2)? Please advise. 

Thanks

TheMidnightOil
  • Law Student

From my knowledge, yes, spending an hour or so at each is fine. If you want, you can email the respective hiring chairs that you'll be early/late, but I don't think this is necessary.

• Like 1

Byzantine
  • Law Student

I had the same thing during OCIs and attended both. I think let the recruiter at the 2nd firm know that I would be arriving around 6pm. I just went to the first firm as normal and just excused myself when the hour was up. 

From what I remember there were quite a few people doing this and it wasn’t a big deal. 

• Like 1

johncena
  • Applicant
On 7/28/2023 at 8:56 PM, TheMidnightOil said:

From my knowledge, yes, spending an hour or so at each is fine. If you want, you can email the respective hiring chairs that you'll be early/late, but I don't think this is necessary.

Thank You!

21 hours ago, Byzantine said:

I had the same thing during OCIs and attended both. I think let the recruiter at the 2nd firm know that I would be arriving around 6pm. I just went to the first firm as normal and just excused myself when the hour was up. 

From what I remember there were quite a few people doing this and it wasn’t a big deal. 

Alright, I'll reach out to the recruiter. Thank you very much!

• Like 1

TheMidnightOil
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, johncena said:

Thank You!

Alright, I'll reach out to the recruiter. Thank you very much!

Best of luck Mr. Cena! Recruit is a draining and tiring process -- remember to take care of yourself during that week.

• Like 1