Chance Me? cGPA 3.44, LSAT- TBD

student6

student6
  • Applicant

Hey! I wanted to get some general advice about my chances applying to Canadian Law Schools for Fall 2024 admissions. 

My cGPA after 3 years of studying at UofT in a Social Sciences major is a 3.42 (OLSAS scale). My B2 of these these three years is a 3.5, and my L2 of these three years is a 3.45. For schools like UBC and TMU Law (that drop your lowest qualifying credits) my cGPA becomes a 3.6/ around a 80%.

I'm about to take the LSAT in August and September but my score right now is looking in the mid 160s. 

I have great work experience and I'm expecting some of my professional references to be pretty good. Not too sure how my academic references will be (assuming they're going to be pretty standard).

I'm aware that UofT Law is pretty out of the question, but I wanted to know about my chances at other Ontario and Canadian Law Schools. Right now, my eye is on UOttawa, McGill (I'm a Quebec resident), UBC, UVic, Western and Queens (and obviously Osgoode lol).

Can anyone chance me based on these stats? My backup plan was to maybe take a year off so that schools can look at my fourth year grades when applying which would *hopefully* bring my B2/L2 up to a 3.7 and maybe give myself more time for my LSAT. 

Thanks in advance for any advice or insights anyone can provide 🙂

Edited by student6