Do OCIs take place all in order?

uoftearsalumna

uoftearsalumna
  • Applicant

I was wondering if we get to schedule our OCI schedule, or is the school tells us when we’re meeting with which firm? Anyone know?

Edited by uoftearsalumna

• uoftearsalumna changed the title to Do OCIs take place all in order?
Pecan Boy
  • Articling Student

The firms pick who they want to interview, and then the school arranges your OCI schedule

uoftearsalumna
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, Pecan Boy said:

The firms pick who they want to interview, and then the school arranges your OCI schedule

Yes, I meant once we get our OCI list do we schedule the actual times of the interviews, but it seems it’s done by the school. Thanks!

Pecan Boy
  • Articling Student

Yeah, you got it. At UofT, we first found out who we were OCI'ing with via the schedule arranged for us by the school (putting aside the few firms that do ITCs/PFOs for OCIs). It wasn't two distinct events, where we find out who, and then later find out when. It was all at once.

• Thanks 1

Turtles
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, Pecan Boy said:

Yeah, you got it. At UofT, we first found out who we were OCI'ing with via the schedule arranged for us by the school (putting aside the few firms that do ITCs/PFOs for OCIs). It wasn't two distinct events, where we find out who, and then later find out when. It was all at once.

At Osgoode we find out which firms want to OCI us and then we have time to accept/reject OCIs before we the school generates a schedule, since some students get >20 OCI requests but the maximum OCIs we can accept is 20. I would assume UofT does something similar to deal with people who get too many OCIs relative to the maximum possible to schedule.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Pecan Boy
  • Articling Student

@Turtles This is a late response, but it’s totally possible you’re right that UofT does that as well. I didn’t reject any OCIs so maybe my memory just skipped that step and lumped it together with the scheduling. My bad if so.

In any event, OP has their answer that the schools schedule OCIs, not the students.