Offer calls

Shelaw

Shelaw
  • Law Student

Does anyone know if we have to accept the offer right away? Are you told the salary or anything about benefits or stuff beforehand? Or do you only find out once you accept?

• Like 1

LMP
  • Articling Student

You can hold your offer as per the LSO rules. As for everything else, that's on you to ask/have asked for. 

everythingbagel
  • Lawyer

I believe you have 24h to respond to the offer, per the LSO rules. Personally, even though my top choice called me at 5pm, I still asked if I could have a moment to consider (and during those few minutes, 2 other offices called). I still ended up calling back the first office/my top choice and accepting, but I think it’s always a good idea to take a few minutes/breathe/reflect/see if any other enticing options come up (especially if you’re not 100% certain about your top choice!). Some offices also might call you back to try and sell you on accepting which can give you some interesting insights. Caveat: most of my interviews were with government employers so this may not be as accurate for the private sector!

• Like 1

Shelaw
  • Law Student
29 minutes ago, everythingbagel said:

I believe you have 24h to respond to the offer, per the LSO rules. Personally, even though my top choice called me at 5pm, I still asked if I could have a moment to consider (and during those few minutes, 2 other offices called). I still ended up calling back the first office/my top choice and accepting, but I think it’s always a good idea to take a few minutes/breathe/reflect/see if any other enticing options come up (especially if you’re not 100% certain about your top choice!). Some offices also might call you back to try and sell you on accepting which can give you some interesting insights. Caveat: most of my interviews were with government employers so this may not be as accurate for the private sector!

Thank you so much that’s really helpful ♥️

sas97
  • Law Student

Please let the fourm know if you have received calls with offers and if so, from whom? 

Edited by sas97

LegallyOttawa
  • Law Student

Has anyone heard from Willms & Shier or Sprigings?

Edited by LegallyOttawa

lawlo
  • Law Student

Do you think it’s fine if you call your first choice (even though they haven’t called you yet) and ask if they plan on making an offer? Trying to decide whether my second choice is a better fit but don’t wanna miss out on my first choice 

secunda
  • Law Student

I've received a call from FRO and am waiting to hear back from the Crown as I was their #2 choice and they're waiting for the first person to accept/deny.

7 hours ago, secunda said:

I've received a call from FRO and am waiting to hear back from the Crown as I was their #2 choice and they're waiting for the first person to accept/deny.

Which Crown department/office?