Chances - Ontario Law Schools

mxs123

mxs123
  • Applicant

Hey guys, I am applying to law schools in Canada this coming cycle and want to know my chances with a CGPA 3.6 LSAT 163. 

B20: 3.9, L2: 3.77 However, I had part-time semesters and do not know how schools will calculate my L2/L3 which is stressful since I do not have a competitive cgpa.

Do schools look at part-time course loads negatively? I worked full-time throughout my undergrad and currently own a franchise in Toronto and manage/host on Airbnb. Any help/insights is appreciated! 

WiseGhost
  • Law Student

I would contact schools to ask how they calculate GPA for students in your situation (if this information isn't already somewhere on their website). 

I've heard that some schools are skeptical of part-time students because it is unclear whether they can handle a full-time course load. This does not apply to you. Working full-time and studying part-time should be positive for your application. While you are below the medians of several Ottawa schools, you will definitely be accepted somewhere and could outperform your stats.