Additional credits post 90-credit degree

InVeritateTriumpho

InVeritateTriumpho
  • Applicant

Hi all! Does anyone have any experience with being a graduate of a three year degree and returning to their degree to take additional classes to boost their GPA?

I'd like to reactivate my student status (same program) and take 2-3 GenEd courses to boost my overall GPA. However, I'm not interested in completing the remaining credits required for the 120-credit (4 year) honours degree. My concern is that, if I do this and then attempt to apply to law school once those courses are completed, my application will be considered from a student with an incomplete 4-year degree. I'm not sure how to navigate this, and yes, I know most schools prefer applicants with a 4-year degree.  It's just not an option for me due to a number of reasons, unfortunately.

TIA for reading and any help you can offer!

LMP
  • Articling Student

I'd check with each school individually on this one. The issue is, as I remember it, school's typically won't include courses that weren't being taken towards a degree. That's why people with degrees can't just go back and take a few extra courses to boost their GPA. 

I think if you do what you're suggesting, the results won't be included in the calculation of your GPA. But again, check with the schools themselves.

• Like 1