L2: 3.33, B2: 3.7 I CGPA: 3.1 I LSAT: 154

fc123

fc123
  • Applicant

Hey all, just looking for a quick chance me for all schools in Canada, I'll post my stats below on a 4.33 scale. 

NON - OLSAS (4.33 scale)

L2: 3.33, B2: 3.7, Last11 courses: 3.66, CGPA: 3.15

Had an undiagnosed medical condition in my second and third year which significantly impacted my GPA. Major uptrend in GPA after this was addressed, even made the deans list in my last semester. Worked all throughout my undergrad and volunteered for a non-profit, owned my own small business for 5 years before shutting down because of the pandemic. 

I am applying everywhere in Canada. 

LSAT: 154, but writing Oct (currently PT'ing around 160)

What do my chances look like? I applied last year but was rejected, but this time around I was able to make a HUGE uptrend in my GPA. Thank you everyone. 

fc123
  • Applicant

Your B2 is awesome and an uptrend in GPA and the deans list also helps. Try to get the LSAT up a bit more. As of right now, your chances are decent with a higher LSAT score but maybe someone else can speak on them more. 

I applied with a similar LSAT but got rejected last cycle although my GPA was much lower. Goodluck!

Edited by fc123
Added info.

Monophobia
  • Law Student

It will be an uphill battle for you at most schools with your current stats. If you feel that your situation may warrant it, then you should consider applying under the access category for schools that offer it. At the moment, your best chances are with a more holistic school like Windsor, or schools that take some variation of your better upper year grades into account (TMU, TRU, etc.). I commend your willingness to retake the LSAT. Raising your score into the 160+ range will certainly improve your chances.

• Like 1

fc123
  • Applicant
On 9/8/2023 at 7:42 AM, Monophobia said:

It will be an uphill battle for you at most schools with your current stats. If you feel that your situation may warrant it, then you should consider applying under the access category for schools that offer it. At the moment, your best chances are with a more holistic school like Windsor, or schools that take some variation of your better upper year grades into account (TMU, TRU, etc.). I commend your willingness to retake the LSAT. Raising your score into the 160+ range will certainly improve your chances.

Thank you, for sure aiming for that 160+ LSAT and a compelling PS. Have some decent references lined up already. Thanks a bunch!