Chance Me: cGPA 3.7, B3: 3.9, L2: 3.9, LSAT: 168

JMA663

JMA663
  • Applicant

Chance me for the following schools: 

Reach schools: UofT

Top choices: UBC, Dalhousie. 

Safety schools: UOttawa, Queens, University of Alberta.

My softs are pretty good. I was an exec at a club in my undergrad, hosted a couple of events on campus, and I have founded my own NGO focused on legislative change for an issue I am passionate about. I have a poetry publication in an undergrad literary journal. I've worked a consistent full-time office job since I graduated last October and have been promoted already (not in the legal field though, unfortunately). I also have a pretty solid internship (also not legal), in my third year. Plus I was a part-time waitress while studying full-time (bar one-course drop in my second year and half a course drop in my third).

My reference letters should be pretty solid, but nothing particularly special.

I've only taken the LSAT once. I have thought about taking it again since my practice tests were coming in around 170, but I am not positive that it will go better the second time since I have gotten rusty since April when I first wrote it. I figure my energy might be better spent on my personal statements, etc.

Note: I would say my biggest weakness is that it took me five years to graduate despite the full course load because I changed from a Bachelor of Science to an English Lit degree after my second year. (I rushed to cram the whole four-year BA into three years, with a minor in creative writing, and was able to graduate only a year late). Not sure how much this will affect my application, but I am hopeful that because my grades go on an upward trajectory after the change, it will reflect decently well on my current abilities and interests.

I'm hopeful that I will get some early acceptances, mostly just so I can stop stressing, but I am not sure how common that is.