Chance me? CGPA: 3.05, LSAT: 170

Mia10109

Mia10109
  • Applicant

LSAT: 170, CGPA: 3.05, b20: 3.6, L2?, 

I’m in a bit of a weird situation here so I feel like the context could be relevant but I apologize in advance for the lengthy post. 

I graduated in June of this year from an honors co-op program. I graduated a semester early, completed 3 finance internships and did a semester abroad in that time. 

Unfortunately there isn’t a great reason for my horrible GPA besides youthful stupidity. I started first year in 2019 and at the time was working two part time jobs while being a full time student and I cared significantly more about work than I did about school. 

I completed the majority of my courses between 2019 and 2020 while working two jobs by overloading my schedule and taking a full semester's worth of summer courses so I ended up completing 13.5 credits in my first two years and did not achieve grades that were at all indicative of my abilities as a student. 

The second half of my university career was significantly better but I did a semester abroad which consisted of 2.5 credits that transferred back to my transcript as PASS grades and therefore did not go into my GPA calculations. That left me with 4 credits (two semesters) left to complete my degree overwhich I averaged an 87 and was able to bring my GPA up from a 72 to a 77 (3.05) which is where I am currently sitting having graduated. 

The timing of my co-op terms and semester abroad also means that some of my academic years were split up by one semester being an academic semester and the other being either a co-op term or semester abroad. Because of this I’m not completely sure what my L2 would look like. 

I know that it is a complicated situation that's totally my fault and that it’s not possible to guess what an admissions committee will think but I guess I’m just looking for an honest and objective opinion on the situation and my chances or any insight/advice on strengthening my application that anyone might have. 

I’d be open to applying to any schools in Canada and/or retaking the lsat if anyone thinks that might help.