Chance me pls! cGPA 3.52, B3: 3.81, L2: 3.81, LSAT: 168

anxiousandafraid

anxiousandafraid
  • Applicant

Hey, hoping someone can help me out! I'm worried about my slightly lower cGPA affecting my chances at my target schools and I'd like some feedback so I can be realistic and choose some solid safety schools if necessary.

In my first two years, I was in a different program (which I hated) and eventually switched to arts which is why there was such a hike in my grades  (strong upward trend). It took me five years to graduate because of the switch since there wasn't much crossover in mandatory courses between the two degrees (not sure if schools care about this or not). 

My full stats are above. Although based on UBC's drops system, my average for that specific school would be 82.84%.

My top choices are UBC, U of T, and Dalhousie. I'm also interested in UOttawa, Queens, and Osgoode.

In terms of softs, I would say they are good-ish. I currently work an admin and sales office job (been in the position for a year- since I graduated, and have been promoted once). While I was studying I also worked as a waitress for 3 years (full-time in the summers, and part-time in the fall and spring). I have an internship in entertainment and media. I have a creative writing publication in an undergrad journal. I founded an NGO about half a year ago, focusing on health care policy in Ontario. My references should also be pretty good.

Would love to know what you guys think!