173-175 LSAT

Bananapple

Bananapple
  • Applicant

If you or someone you know had a 173-175 LSAT (or around there), do you mind sharing your GPA and where you got accepted/rejected?

CleanHands
  • Lawyer

This is a bizarre way of phrasing this question. You know that with a competitive GPA an LSAT score in that range is well above what is needed to secure admission at any school in Canada, so your real question is to what extent being a high LSAT splitter can compensate for a dogshit GPA, right?

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

ZineZ
  • Lawyer

OP - it may help you to go and check out the pinned Admitted stats on each law school's subforum. 

McGill's subforum had someone break down the stats further, which may also be of interest: 

• Like 2

VitalGiraffe
  • Law Student
45 minutes ago, CleanHands said:

This is a bizarre way of phrasing this question. You know that with a competitive GPA an LSAT score in that range is well above what is needed to secure admission at any school in Canada, so your real question is to what extent being a high LSAT splitter can compensate for a dogshit GPA, right?

If this isn't OP's question I would certainly like to know the answer. My GPA will probably come out to around 3.0 cumulative and  3.1/2 L2. PT yesterday was 171, writing August.

• Like 2

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
14 minutes ago, VitalGiraffe said:

If this isn't OP's question I would certainly like to know the answer. My GPA will probably come out to around 3.0 cumulative and  3.1/2 L2. PT yesterday was 171, writing August.

Splitter are hard to predict with certainty, but apply broadly and you will have good options (assuming you obtain a real LSAT score comparable to your PTs).

My cGPA was sub 3.0 per OLSAS but my B2/L2 was around 3.7 (bad first attempt at uni years before I obtained a degree with decent grades) and I had a 173 LSAT. I applied broadly and got in everywhere (usually with an early/first round admission) except for a rejection at UofT (which seems to be a no-go for high LSAT/low GPA splitters generally) and waitlisting at Western (which is weird as they are supposedly place the most weight on L2 and I was right on their median in addition to being well above the typical LSAT score for their admits) before I just withdrew myself from consideration there.

Although obviously I was in a different position than you with respect to L2/B2 schools, I was accepted to schools like Ottawa which generally place emphasis on cGPA, so I think you're in a good spot.

Edited by CleanHands
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Bananapple said:

If you or someone you know had a 173-175 LSAT (or around there), do you mind sharing your GPA and where you got accepted/rejected?

Someone with 179 and 2.98 GPA was admitted to Windsor this cycle.

• Like 2

Bananapple
  • Applicant
5 hours ago, CleanHands said:

Yeah I assumed anything above 3.8 would be an acceptance in most (if not all) places. So I was more curious about where ppl were rejected at with a mid-range GPA, or where they were accepted at with a low GPA. Thought it was shorter to phrase it the way I did but maybe I should’ve clarified lol. 

I did look at the accepted/rejected forums with the archived data but I kept hearing that this cycle was a little more unpredictable and harder than previous ones. Any predictions for the next cycle?