U of A Applications

goatklub

goatklub
  • Applicant

Hello everyone! I was hoping to apply to attend UofA Law for the Fall 2024 (Sept. 2024) cycle, however, I think I am too late (unless I write the LSAT this November).

Since this is the case, I am planning to apply for the Fall 2025 (Sept. 2025) cycle instead. I understand that the application deadline is on Dec. 1 on the year prior to admission so the latest possible date to write the LSAT is the November sitting. But I am experiencing difficulty locating the date for when the applications open to apply. I would like to give myself the chance to rewrite if I need to and I would like to apply as early as I can. 

Does anyone happen to know when UofA Law application open for Fall 2025? 

Thanks all! 😀

GoatDuck
  • Law Student

The latest LSAT you can take for a given cycle is in January even though the application deadline is in December. Should you do that, your application will be assessed after your January LSAT score has been released. Writing the test in January  potentially puts you at a disadvantage, because you miss on the first and sometimes second waves of admission, which happen in December and anywhere between mid-January to early February, but you still have an option to apply this cycle.

If I recall correctly, applications open sometime in September. If you don’t end up applying this cycle, consider writing your first LSAT test in July/August, this will give you plenty of time to retake the test should you be unhappy with your first test score.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

theaukr
  • Law Student
4 hours ago, goatklub said:

Does anyone happen to know when UofA Law application open for Fall 2025?

Applications for 2025 will probably open on July 1, 2024. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Ribbons
  • Law Student
On 9/28/2023 at 10:21 AM, GoatDuck said:

The latest LSAT you can take for a given cycle is in January even though the application deadline is in December. Should you do that, your application will be assessed after your January LSAT score has been released. Writing the test in January  potentially puts you at a disadvantage, because you miss on the first and sometimes second waves of admission, which happen in December and anywhere between mid-January to early February, but you still have an option to apply this cycle.

If I recall correctly, applications open sometime in September. If you don’t end up applying this cycle, consider writing your first LSAT test in July/August, this will give you plenty of time to retake the test should you be unhappy with your first test score.  

Came here to say this too. I applied Fall 2021 cycle and completed the LSAT January 2021 and got in :)