Should I cancel my LSAT score?

ariiii

ariiii
  • Applicant

So I took the LSAT for the first time this month and I just received my score which is a 156. Although I was PTing closer to 159-160 I'm not surprised because I was super nervous during the actual test and even had some technical difficulties which effected my focus. Now the question is should I cancel this score? Half of me knows I can definitely do better the second time around but I also don't think a 156 is a horrrrible score. I've seen a couple of people get into the top schools with similar scores but I'm obviously going to aim for higher! Anyways I need some opinion, Thanks.

Naj
  • Law Student
47 minutes ago, ariiii said:

I've seen a couple of people get into the top schools with similar scores

Depends on GPA (still probably not enough for UofT tho)

As for canceling your score, since this is close to your PT's, I wouldn't. If you ever end up having to cancel an LSAT score in the future due to some legitimate reason (e.g. some serious anomaly on test day ends up royally screwing you and you score in the 140s), at least you have this one on file as a backup. 

Edited by Naj
  • Like 1

depends if you're applying to any schools that do an average of your lsats. You mentioned tech issues and nervousness, and if you think you'll do a lot better on a second test that's something you should think about.