imrlystruggling
  • Law School Admit

Hi everyone!

Hard stats:

• Health Sciences (final year) will be graduating with honours
  • OLSAS cGPA: 3.97, B2/L2: 3.98, B3/L3: 3.97
  • LSAT: 164

Soft stats:

• Pretty involved in my university (leadership positions in clubs) and can quantify my results
  • Summer work experience in Higher-Ed Quality Assurance, Nonprofit, Healthcare, and Marketing (where I also work part-time during the school year)
  • My references: two professors I've worked quite extensively with
  • Dean's List 2 & 3rd year + Scholarships

Two Questions:

• Should I retake my LSAT? (since my top choice would be UofT)
  • The schools I will be applying to are UofT, Osgoode, Queen's, Western, and uOttawa, and I'm wondering what my chances are.

Thank you so much!!!

Kobe
  • Law Student

You are likely in everywhere probably even at U of T. If you could get a 167 or 168 that would become even more likely but with your cGPA you have done enough to be competitive there. 

Also, I think it's really individual about rewriting, when I got a 168 I planned to rewrite but decided against it because I was worn down from studying and wanted to focus on applications and finishing undergrad. If you can confidently do better and don't mind the extra cost and studying go for it. 

Of course, higher is always better for an LSAT score but as of now, I would say you have a good shot at U of T and the others are pretty much for sure.

4 hours ago, imrlystruggling said:

Hi everyone!

Hard stats:

• Health Sciences (final year) will be graduating with honours
  • OLSAS cGPA: 3.97, B2/L2: 3.98, B3/L3: 3.97
  • LSAT: 164

Soft stats:

• Pretty involved in my university (leadership positions in clubs) and can quantify my results
  • Summer work experience in Higher-Ed Quality Assurance, Nonprofit, Healthcare, and Marketing (where I also work part-time during the school year)
  • My references: two professors I've worked quite extensively with
  • Dean's List 2 & 3rd year + Scholarships

Two Questions:

• Should I retake my LSAT? (since my top choice would be UofT)
  • The schools I will be applying to are UofT, Osgoode, Queen's, Western, and uOttawa, and I'm wondering what my chances are.

Thank you so much!!!

You are likely to get in everywhere. Regardless, for Toronto big law gigs there is very little difference whether you went UofT or Oz. 

God damn I'm so glad I'm long past these days. Those stats and you're still anxious. 

Edited by Alina_Habba

CndnViking
  • Applicant

If those don't get you in pretty much everywhere, then the rest of us are screwed. 😆

Edited by CndnViking
  • LOL 1

imrlystruggling
  • Law School Admit
9 hours ago, Kobe said:

You are likely in everywhere probably even at U of T. If you could get a 167 or 168 that would become even more likely but with your cGPA you have done enough to be competitive there. 

Also, I think it's really individual about rewriting, when I got a 168 I planned to rewrite but decided against it because I was worn down from studying and wanted to focus on applications and finishing undergrad. If you can confidently do better and don't mind the extra cost and studying go for it. 

Of course, higher is always better for an LSAT score but as of now, I would say you have a good shot at U of T and the others are pretty much for sure.

Thank you so much for the advice!!

9 hours ago, thrill said:

Excellent GPA, would put you in anywhere, U of T i'd expect to get in but it might take longer

Thank you!! 

5 hours ago, Alina_Habba said:

Toronto big law gigs there is very little difference whether you went UofT or Oz

Oh good to know, thank you sm!!