National Program - English Online LL at UO

Mignonette

Mignonette
  • Law Student

Has anyone taken the one year english civil law program at the University of Ottawa? I'm finishing my JD in French and looking at the LL for next year.  It sounds like it is completely online, self-paced.  Insights? What was the workload like? Evaluations? Were classes all pre-recorded video lectures and modules? I'd like to get an honest perspective from someone who completed it.

Renerik
  • Law Student

Note -- only the English LLL NP is online. The French LLL NP and the JD NPs are both in-person.

Mignonette
  • Law Student
16 hours ago, Renerik said:

Note -- only the English LLL NP is online. The French LLL NP and the JD NPs are both in-person.

Yes thanks I'm aware.  Have you taken it?

Renerik
  • Law Student

No, though I've looked into it a bunch. The people I've talked to did it in-person and said it's more or less a second 3LOL. I'm looking at doing a civil law upgrade but probably wouldn't pick the English LLL NP -- the terms and schemes used in Quebec Civil law are different than those in common law, wouldn't want to learn it all in English only to have to self-teach it to myself in French later too. 

Looking at the in-person French LLL NP or the UdeM civil law upgrade instead. 

• Like 2