High GPA, high LSAT, terrible everything else

The Law

Now I have one year to get involved on campus, join a few clubs, get a good internship. To make matters worse my cGPA isn't particularly impressive because I messed up a year so Im relying on schools that don't look at cGPA (so no Osgoode) and I have a wonky transcript due to transferring from UAlberta to UBC halfway through. The lack of ECs is because I didn't know I even wanted to go to law school until I already did 2 years of undergrad and now I'm kicking the 18-19 year old version of myself.

Yogurt Baron
3 minutes ago, Naj said:

Are you trolling?

Good catch, Naj. This is definitely some Poe's Law shit right here.

It's actually not impossible for someone who was previously anxious about having only nine "softs" to suddenly be anxious about not having enough "softs"---the over-the-top anxiety is the throughline. The "I get straight As" and "my grades aren't good enough" is, again, a thing that coexists in some people's heads. I think it's worth taking their posts at face value, because even if they aren't sincere, 100% there is someone out there who is sincere and is having these exact anxieties.

My advice to the OP from their first thread stands. 

Naj
  • Law Student

The dude is a walking contradiction. He must've enjoyed being buttered up in his previous post and he's here for another round.

On the off chance OP is not trolling, they need to chill the fuck out and just submit their application. The same goes for any student who comes here with straight A's and nine softs, half being law-related. 

Edited by Naj
  • Like 1

Yogurt Baron
32 minutes ago, Naj said:

The dude is a walking contradiction. He must've enjoyed being buttered up in his previous post and he's here for another round.

On the off chance OP is not trolling, they need to chill the fuck out and just submit their application. The same goes for any student who comes here with straight A's and nine softs, half being law-related. 

While we're here, I am an old: is there such a thing as a "moot court" society for an undergrad, as mentioned in the OP's first post? I'm 99% sure that that did not exist in my time.

Naj
  • Law Student
6 minutes ago, Yogurt Baron said:

I'm 99% sure that that did not exist in my time.

I was similarly skeptical when I read it, pretty sure it's not a thing for undergrads.