OLSAS Application

amourstar

amourstar
  • Applicant

Hi everyone!

I am not sure if this has been addressed yet but I was wondering when the application for OLSAS opens for the 2022 cycle? Also are the personal statement questions different for each year? I understand the deadline is November 1st, and I've heard it is advantageous to apply earlier (since it is on rolling basis). If so, when would be the optimal time to apply (eg. early September)? Thank you in advance. 

Thrive92
  • Applicant

It should open by mid - to late August. I'm not sure about the personal statement questions.

It is advantageous for you to apply earlier if you have everything in order (you have completed all of your courses and are no longer taking any, you will not be taking any more lsats, you have your references ready, etc). If you are still taking courses for the fall semester or if you have an lsat coming up, there may be no advantage to applying early.

• Like 1

Rashabon
  • Lawyer
On 7/31/2021 at 1:17 AM, amourstar said:

Hi everyone!

I am not sure if this has been addressed yet but I was wondering when the application for OLSAS opens for the 2022 cycle? Also are the personal statement questions different for each year? I understand the deadline is November 1st, and I've heard it is advantageous to apply earlier (since it is on rolling basis). If so, when would be the optimal time to apply (eg. early September)? Thank you in advance. 

To my knowledge, decisions are made on a rolling basis by the schools but only after the November cut-off. They are not reviewed on a rolling basis prior to that date - I don't think OLSAS forwards anything until after the deadline. There is no advantage to applying earlier than the deadline other than having it off your plate.

• Like 3

Peanut Butter
On 7/31/2021 at 1:17 AM, amourstar said:

Also are the personal statement questions different for each year?

Can someone please answer this question?

Goblin King
  • Law Student
1 minute ago, GorillasAreDelicious said:

Can someone please answer this question?

I applied to UO, Queen's, and Oz in two cycles and the questions were pretty much identical. 

amourstar
  • Applicant
4 hours ago, Rashabon said:

To my knowledge, decisions are made on a rolling basis by the schools but only after the November cut-off. They are not reviewed on a rolling basis prior to that date - I don't think OLSAS forwards anything until after the deadline. There is no advantage to applying earlier than the deadline other than having it off your plate.

In that case, would it only be rolling basis after November (since the deadline is the same for everyone) because they consider people who take LSAT in November/January later?

Rashabon
  • Lawyer
6 minutes ago, amourstar said:

In that case, would it only be rolling basis after November (since the deadline is the same for everyone) because they consider people who take LSAT in November/January later?

Yes that's my understanding. You're not disadvantaged by applying on October 31 or advantaged by applying on September 1. I submitted my applications (many years ago now) a day or two before the deadline and was admitted in the first round of acceptances (as far as I am aware) at most of the schools I applied to.

• Like 1

amourstar
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, Rashabon said:

Yes that's my understanding. You're not disadvantaged by applying on October 31 or advantaged by applying on September 1. I submitted my applications (many years ago now) a day or two before the deadline and was admitted in the first round of acceptances (as far as I am aware) at most of the schools I applied to.

That clears things up for me a lot! Thank you 🙂