Chance Me: cGPA: 3.86 (OLSAS) , 159 LSAT

AlephBetVet

AlephBetVet
  • Applicant

Applied for: UofT, UOttawa, Queens, Western, Osgoode, Dal, and UBC. 

Sept. LSAT: 159 ; Retaking Nov. and proabbly Jan. too (scored around 164-169 in PT's , but didn't do well on test day).

OLSAS: B2: 3.9, B3/cGPA: 3.86, L2: 3.81

UBC GPA w/ drops: 87.81%

Strong softs that include publications, management experience at jobs, volunteering. Wrote, IMO, very strong personal statements and did optional essays. Strong references. Included mention of performance consideration for Sept. LSAT score on Osgoode and Western applications. 

Osgoode, Dal, and UOttawa, UBC are my 4 top choices right now, in no order.

Edited by AlephBetVet

Monophobia
  • Law Student

Only school I can't comment on is Dal. Rough estimates based only on your current stats:

Likely no: UofT, UBC.  

Decent shot: Osgoode.

Likely yes: Queen's, Western, Ottawa.

Looks great. Getting your LSAT into the 160s would make you a shoo-in at the 3 likely yeses. As always, Oz is pretty unpredictable, but the 165+ range could give you a pretty good shot at the others. I commend your willingness to retake the LSAT. Your softs are pretty typical. They will have marginal (albeit positive) effects on your application.

Best of luck.  

[Note: this chance reply was requested through DM. Others who see this are welcome to do the same].

• Like 1

theroaringbadger
  • Law School Admit

Can comment on Dal. There’s a Dal index. Make sure you look it up online - it’s on this forum somewhere. And convert your % to their GPA. Use whatsmygpa it’s a Canadian site. If you are an 81 or over - you are pretty solid. Your GPA looks like it’s in the 4.0-4.1 (but double check) which is def solid. I got in with a 162. A 159 is slightly below their average 161-164. But your GPA is way higher (3.7/4.3 is their average). So you should be good. But if you get your LSAT 160 or over and assuming your PS is solid then you should be pretty good. I would say Ottawa, def yes. They are a GPA school. UWO and Queens, I agree with very likely. Oz again agree it is unpredictable cause they are holistic.