Application Incomplete UOttawa

Spinnaker

Spinnaker
  • Law School Admit

I submitted my applications on OLSAS a few days ago, and today I got the standard acknowledgement email of receipt of my application from UOttawa. When I logged in to browse the applicant portal, it said my application was incomplete. When I clicked for further details, everything seems to have a little check mark but my LSAT score is missing. This is normal, right, and I don't need to submit my LSAT? Just want to confirm since the deadline is today and I can't afford to have messed up my application somehow - I entered my LSAC number onto OLSAS and from other posts it seems normal that OLSAS only retrieves your LSAT score after the Nov 1 deadline.

Screenshot_20231101_083221_Chrome.jpg

howareu
  • Applicant

Mine is the same! From some other answers from different threads it seems like OLSAS uploads LSAT scores only after the Nov 1st deadline, so no schools will have them yet. Hopefully in a few days after the deadline tonight they will be uploaded. 

• Like 1

howareu
  • Applicant

Hey I'm just coming back to this because I checked my LSAC and it says the request for the LSAT score report has been generated for Ottawa, but my portal still says my application is incomplete. Has anyone else had the same issue? 

legallyblond23
  • Law School Admit

same here.  They must be slow loading them. Frustrating but at least it's another thing to keep incessantly checking 🙂

howareu
  • Applicant
4 minutes ago, legallyblond23 said:

same here.  They must be slow loading them. Frustrating but at least it's another thing to keep incessantly checking 🙂

At least multiple people are having the same issue, I was worried I submitted something wrong 🥴 I'm constantly checking everything too lol, hang in there!

Spinnaker
  • Law School Admit

OLSAS still hasn't retrieved my LSAT score yet, I reached out on SAM and they said it will be a few more business days before all the scores are uploaded. I believe every Ontario school gets your LSAT score from OLSAS, not from LSAC directly.

legallyblond23
  • Law School Admit

interesting that the CAS request on LSAC shows coming from the schools direct, and not OLSAS. Frustrating that it takes so long when it should be an automated process.

Spinnaker
  • Law School Admit
12 minutes ago, legallyblond23 said:

interesting that the CAS request on LSAC shows coming from the schools direct, and not OLSAS. Frustrating that it takes so long when it should be an automated process.

I didn't even think to check CAS since it's not used in Canadian Law School applications, but I guess it does show which schools you've applied for in Canada as well! I just noticed the OLSAS request was received today (weirdly enough it says the other schools requests were sent and received on the 3rd). Looks like everything is fine and we're probably just impatient!

Screenshot_20231108_100400_Chrome.jpg

legallyblond23
  • Law School Admit

thanks. Odd that each law school would request a report AND OLSAS would. Separate topic, does OLSAS actually publish what your CGPA is? I have determined mine is 3.7 based on the OLSAS GPA calculator but am anxious that may be wrong.  Not much I can do, but would still like to know. thoughts? 

Spinnaker
  • Law School Admit

image.png.86d0298fe7311b97f55f351213a0b09c.png

This is what OLSAS says, so I presume they will display your GPA once they review your transcript (mine says "no" under the Reviewed part in the Academic Background section. Trying to calculate the OLSAS GPA by myself seems way too difficult, especially since I'm from a % university and mine is going to be terrible haha - so just going to wait until OLSAS shows it, since I can't control what happened years ago anyways :'D

legallyblond23
  • Law School Admit

thanks that is helpful.  Interestingly under transcript reviewed, mine actually says yes.  But there is no other info. 

helloworld123
  • Undergrad
On 11/8/2023 at 10:21 AM, howareu said:

Hey I'm just coming back to this because I checked my LSAC and it says the request for the LSAT score report has been generated for Ottawa, but my portal still says my application is incomplete. Has anyone else had the same issue? 

Hey! Same deal. What worries me is that the CAS page on LSAC says that they're missing my transcript, so I'm concerned this may be causing a hold-up on the reports being sent to the individual schools. 

Did you end up uploading your transcript to LSAC, or only through OLSAS? 

legallyblond23
  • Law School Admit

My Ottawa u app still says incomplete too and I don’t have the CAS transcript issue. I think Ottawa is just slow. Can you see your lsat score now on OUAC? I can see mine 

Spinnaker
  • Law School Admit

My application documents are complete and the file status now says under review! Good luck everyone 🙂

• Like 2