cGPA: 3.21 | L20: 3.49 | OCT LSAT 177

YeosoSoft

YeosoSoft
  • Applicant

Hi everyone, looking to see what my chances are for admission to all the law schools. More specifically, interested in UofT, Osgoode, UofA and UofC.

With goals of potentially moving down to the U.S after a few years of practice. Or best chance to be recruited during OCI's/grad.

Degree in Nursing with 1 year work experience.

Extensive work experience throughout undergrad; server, recreation & events manager, healthcare aide, UNE.

Little extracurriculars given that I had to financially support myself. Bouldering club and volunteering with a non-profit to help build resilience in children and families.

Any and all feedback and insight appreciated, thanks.

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
7 minutes ago, YeosoSoft said:

With goals of potentially moving down to the U.S after a few years of practice.

If this is what you want to do you should go to a US law school. An insanely high LSAT score like yours goes further in admissions there too.

YeosoSoft
  • Applicant
13 minutes ago, CleanHands said:

If this is what you want to do you should go to a US law school. An insanely high LSAT score like yours goes further in admissions there too.

I've considered it. My concerns are that I have a very low cGPA which already pose as a barrier to top schools, and I'm debt-averse with the high-tuition in the US. 

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
25 minutes ago, YeosoSoft said:

I've considered it. My concerns are that I have a very low cGPA which already pose as a barrier to top schools, and I'm debt-averse with the high-tuition in the US. 

Fair points. It's worth investigating at least though because some US schools will give you $$$ for that LSAT score, and Canadian schools by contrast really don't seem to care about the LSAT for scholarship purposes.

More directly to your questions, I expect you to get in everywhere in Canada except UofT being a question mark. I had a bit lower cGPA than you, a bit higher B2/L2 than you, and a 173 LSAT (with an access claim and medical documentation) and UofT rejected me outright without waitlisting. My impression (informed not just from my own anecdotal experience but also others) is that UofT doesn't like splitters. But your LSAT is so exceptional that you may be...an exception.