cGPA: 3.06, 3.02 OLSAS, B2/L2: 3.78, LSAT 173. Chances?

Satoshiii2929

Satoshiii2929
  • Applicant

I'm applying to the states too. But I'm looking at options at home.

My GPA is dragged down by VERY poor grades from when I was 18 at another school (F's, D's, C's), I dropped out and am 25 now at my last year at my graduating school.

I'm wanting to try for U of C, U of A, UBC, UVic, U of T, Osgoode, and Western. I'm wondering how my chances are looking? I don't have many softs. Just some work experience, military reserves experience, an internship.

Monophobia
  • Law Student

Difficult to chance, but that's a very good LSAT and a good L2/B2. I'd recommend you also apply to Queen's, because they care about your L2/B2. You will likely get in somewhere with those stats, even if it isn't UofT or UBC. Best of luck.

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
On 11/1/2023 at 1:02 PM, Satoshiii2929 said:

I'm applying to the states too. But I'm looking at options at home.

My GPA is dragged down by VERY poor grades from when I was 18 at another school (F's, D's, C's), I dropped out and am 25 now at my last year at my graduating school.

I'm wanting to try for U of C, U of A, UBC, UVic, U of T, Osgoode, and Western. I'm wondering how my chances are looking? I don't have many softs. Just some work experience, military reserves experience, an internship.

My profile was almost identical to yours, at least in terms of stats.

Accepted at UofC and UBC.

Waitlisted at Western.

Rejected from UofT.

Didn't apply to UofA, UVic or Oz.

Also, similar stats also, accepted at UBC and UofA. Didn't apply to any of the others. My understanding is that UBC has gotten a little more competitive and you might not quite make it now. 

Edited by Mal

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
17 minutes ago, Mal said:

My understanding is that UBC has gotten a little more competitive

Very debatable. You're right that the criteria has changed since either you or I were applicants. But it's more that UBC has moved from caring exclusively about stats to caring more about who is able to tell the best sob story, though.