Accepted to UNB 2024!

Lil Decky

Legallyanxious
  • Undergrad
On 11/2/2023 at 10:17 AM, Lil Decky said:

Can’t believe I get to start this off!!

cGPA: 3.80

LSAT: 163

Softs: almost non-existent (few jobs I worked to pay for school)

Received email and Portal change on Oct 31. 

I applied to Ottawa, Queens, and UNB and would be ecstatic to go to any of them.  However, Ottawa is my hometown and I’d like to remain close to home if I’m accepted at Queens or Ottawa.

Hi and congrats!! Did you receive both at the same time? I just got an email saying a final decision was made on the portal (I tried opening it but it is showing me an error and the browser won’t open it) but no personalized email. It’s probably a rejection right? 

Showtime
  • Law School Admit

Accepted April 2. cGPA: 3.72/4 L2: 4/4 LSAT - 157

• 4 weeks later...
Lincoln Lawyer
  • Law School Admit

Accepted this morning. Personalized email indicating official acceptance letter will follow shortly thereafter.

Stats: 

LSAT: 160 (Jan 2024) Multiple writes

CGPA: 3.1   B2/L2: 3.6 

• Like 1

Yukidaruma
  • Applicant

Accepted May 1st off the beginning of April waitlist — without a doubt accepting as it’s my first choice!

My stats/post from the Waitlist 2024 thread:

cGPA 3.56/4.0; L2 ~3.9/4.0, w/ UNB drops ~3.9/4.33,  157 LSAT (first/only take). Out of province. Mid EC’s, might be considered unique. 3 years working overseas. 2 LOR’s submitted. 

Edited by Yukidaruma

AnxiouslyApplying
  • Applicant
4 hours ago, Lincoln Lawyer said:

Accepted this morning. Personalized email indicating official acceptance letter will follow shortly thereafter.

Stats: 

LSAT: 160 (Jan 2024) Multiple writes

CGPA: 3.1   B2/L2: 3.6 

Congratulations!!!! If you don’t mind sharing, were you on the waitlist? 

Lincoln Lawyer
  • Law School Admit

Yes, I was. However, I was never notified that I was on the waitlist nor did my portal update reflecting such (unless I just wasn't looking in the right spot), rather referenced such in the initial email correspondence regarding my acceptance.

AnxiouslyApplying
  • Applicant
27 minutes ago, Lincoln Lawyer said:

Yes, I was. However, I was never notified that I was on the waitlist nor did my portal update reflecting such (unless I just wasn't looking in the right spot), rather referenced such in the initial email correspondence regarding my acceptance.

That’s very interesting! I’m still waiting to hear - I haven’t been told I’ve been placed on the waitlist, rejected or (hopefully) accepted, so thank you for sharing! I’d be curious if there was another spot to check - I figured it would appear by ‘Status’ if there was any change or an email at least!

Did they make any mention of when you were placed on the waitlist in the email or just that you had been on the waitlist?