Best and worst profs?

DABMAN

DABMAN
  • Law School Admit

Copying this idea from the other schools. Define "best" and "worst" the way you want but just wanted to get a feel for how the profs are like, especially the ones that teach in 1L!

Thanks

TobyFlenderson
  • Lawyer

You may have a hard time getting people to discuss the “worst” 1L profs publicly.

For what it’s worth, though, you won’t get a choice of 1L profs anyway.

DABMAN
  • Law School Admit
17 minutes ago, TobyFlenderson said:

You may have a hard time getting people to discuss the “worst” 1L profs publicly.

For what it’s worth, though, you won’t get a choice of 1L profs anyway.

haha true

Garfield
  • Articling Student

My friend from Western said profs MacArthur and Wright are pretty good (but tough and fair), but I don't remember the courses she said they taught.  

Edited by Garfield
  • Thanks 1

TobyFlenderson
  • Lawyer
52 minutes ago, Garfield said:

My friend from Western said profs MacArthur and Wright are pretty good (but tough and fair), but I don't remember the courses she said they taught.  

Seconding Wright. Good prof, you can tell he cares about his students. Teaches Admin, and I think he’s a good enough prof to justify switching your schedule around to make sure you get him for Admin instead of someone else.

• Like 1

ThreeWhiteLights
  • Law Student
9 hours ago, TobyFlenderson said:

Seconding Wright. Good prof, you can tell he cares about his students. Teaches Admin, and I think he’s a good enough prof to justify switching your schedule around to make sure you get him for Admin instead of someone else.

I  enjoyed having Psygkas for constitutional last year and wouldn't mind him for Admin (he's teaching it in the winter this year).

Of course, not all my friends shared this opinion. 

• Thanks 1

goosie
  • Lawyer
21 hours ago, Garfield said:

Seconding this. I've had both MacArthur and Wright. MacArthur I'd say is the tougher of the two - you never have time to breathe in his exams. You definitely learn a lot in his courses and he's very approachable and helpful, just a tough marker. He normally teaches a small group Contracts and LRWA, and in upper years he's taught tax courses (Income Tax and Taxation of Corporations and Shareholders I believe) - I think he isn't teaching those this year though.

Another suggestion for a good prof is King. As far as I know the only upper year course he teaches is Commercial Law.

Edited by goosie
clarity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1