Chance me - 3.82 cGPA, 162 LSAT -> UofC, UofA, TRU

itssaulgoodman

Excited0L
  • Applicant

I would say:

Very Likely Yes: TRU
Most probably Yes: UofA

I think you should be good: Calgary 

Although, you are a bit under their average LSAT but your GPA is above their average GPA. Also, Calgary says they look at your highest LSAT but will look at all of them and the admissions person explicitly mentioned one LSAT with a specific score is better than 2 LSATs with the highest score being the same. Another thing to note Calgary mentioned that this time for the first time they will be taking into account graduate degree grades for GPA calculations so I personally think that could skew the GPA higher. I believe it was mentioned in the admissions webinar I linked below but if not look around on their youtube channel and you will find it. Again YMMV but just thought I would share this information and resources.

itssaulgoodman
  • Applicant
On 11/5/2023 at 6:06 PM, Excited0L said:

I would say:

Very Likely Yes: TRU
Most probably Yes: UofA

I think you should be good: Calgary 

Although, you are a bit under their average LSAT but your GPA is above their average GPA. Also, Calgary says they look at your highest LSAT but will look at all of them and the admissions person explicitly mentioned one LSAT with a specific score is better than 2 LSATs with the highest score being the same. Another thing to note Calgary mentioned that this time for the first time they will be taking into account graduate degree grades for GPA calculations so I personally think that could skew the GPA higher. I believe it was mentioned in the admissions webinar I linked below but if not look around on their youtube channel and you will find it. Again YMMV but just thought I would share this information and resources.

Thanks for the info! Out of curiosity, how do u think I stack up if I were to apply to uVic?

Excited0L
  • Applicant
On 11/7/2023 at 2:03 PM, itssaulgoodman said:

Thanks for the info! Out of curiosity, how do u think I stack up if I were to apply to uVic?

I probably want to edit the last predictions for UofA to I think you should be good after seeing the latest distribution of admission stats. For UVic, I think you have a shot but you probably want to get a better LSAT. I hope that helps.