Chance Me

lawblawz

lawblawz
  • Law School Admit

Hi all - I know these are obnoxious, and I also know that things vary year by year, so its quite difficult to gauge chances in all respects (especially considering the hollistic nature of applications), so I apologize in advance.

My stats are 3.79 L20, 3.68 cGPA, 165 LSAT. I’m applying in my fourth and final year of a BComm at uCalgary, and my softs are pretty much just part time retail/serving work experience for my second and third year of undergrad, internship this past summer that has extended into part time work through the school year, TAing for a senior level course, and being a VP of a club for a semester.

I’m quite stressed about this application (my top choice) in particular as I know how hollistic they are, and as I’m applying straight out of university with limited work and pretty much no volunteer experience. Are my stats decent enough to make up for this? Has anyone applied with similar stats and got in? Gotten rejected?

Lawguy14
  • Law Student

You’re in no problem. I got in with the exact same L2 and lower LSAT. Just do up a good personal statement and you’re good. Your work experience should be no problem, you have great extracurriculars. No need to stress!

Edited by Lawguy14
  • Thanks 1

lawblawz
  • Law School Admit

@Lawguy14 That’s nice to hear, thank you! I hope my personal statement was good.

Did you apply before graduating? If so, was your admission decision delayed to after your first term marks came in?

Lawguy14
  • Law Student

I was already graduated so unfortunately I can’t comment on that. Acceptances generally start to go out in January at which time you’d have your grades in anyways.