From Ontario to Québec : Salary and practice difference

Alexiss

Hey hi!

I am a 2L law student studying civil law, hoping to practice in Québec. "Course au stage" is this year and I doubt I will get an internship, only being right in the average or slightly above. I stumbled, today, on a news article about crown prosecutors making significantly more in Ontario than Québec, and from there I wondered if the legal field in Ontario was paid better, generally speaking, than in Québec. Looking through linkedin, it seems like most lawyers, in their first year post-call, make above 90K with a lot of them being above the 100k. I seriously doubt its the case in Quebec, seing employment offers starting at 70K, and I am seriously considering practicing in Ontario instead. Obviously, It might be just wrong observations, and that is why I am here today.

I don't come from a family of lawyers and it is very hard for me to know what salary to expect in law; it seems to be a pretty secretive information. This is making me so lost, and I am genuinely not sure where to get any information, as my situation is somewhat unique.

Is there anyone who knows if there's a significant salary difference? In the affirmative, how is the job market for civil law graduate obtaining a 1year JD and passing the Ontario bar? I am not interested in BigLaw (or at least I am not kidding myself that it's within what I can reasonably achieve), but I would be interested in midsized or boutique firms. I am mainly interested in Municipal law (expropriation, zoning laws, etc.) as well as employment and labour law. Also, how different is the legal practice in Ontario ? ( It obviously is a different legal system, I am moreso asking for the job and the work itself) 

I'd love input from law students but, ideally, from lawyers who have been through a similar situation as mine.

Thanks in advance!