Is uploading transcript to LSAC required for them to release LSAT scores?

helloworld123

helloworld123
  • Undergrad

Fellow applicants to Canadian schools, did you end up submitting your transcript to LSAC as well as to OLSAS? 

The CAS page on the LSAC portal is showing that LSAC has received report requests from the Canadian schools I applied to, but also shows a bunch of error messages saying that LSAC has yet to receive my transcript. I had not been planning to submit my transcript to them, but am now wondering if that is necessary in order for their reports to be sent to requesting schools...

Dghoul
  • Applicant

No I didn't submit my transcript to LSAC, only OLSAS. CAS report from LSAC shows that schools I applied to as well as OLSAS has requested my LSAT report and all of them has been sent by LSAC. MY LSAT score just shown up on OLSAS under document tracking today. So the error messages you encountered should not be caused by the lacking of transcripts.

Do you have LSAT score(s) on record from LSAC? 

legallyblond23
  • Law School Admit

Did you purchase the CAS reporting service?  If you paid for the CAS service under LSAC, it may be expecting you to provide transcripts there.  I have applied to a couple of US schools, so I did purchase the CAS service and added my transcripts to LSAC.  Just a thought. 

helloworld123
  • Undergrad
1 hour ago, Dghoul said:

No I didn't submit my transcript to LSAC, only OLSAS. CAS report from LSAC shows that schools I applied to as well as OLSAS has requested my LSAT report and all of them has been sent by LSAC. MY LSAT score just shown up on OLSAS under document tracking today. So the error messages you encountered should not be caused by the lacking of transcripts.

Do you have LSAT score(s) on record from LSAC? 

Thanks for replying, that is reassuring. I do have an LSAT score on file from a few years ago and no plans on retaking. 

1 hour ago, legallyblond23 said:

Did you purchase the CAS reporting service?  If you paid for the CAS service under LSAC, it may be expecting you to provide transcripts there.  I have applied to a couple of US schools, so I did purchase the CAS service and added my transcripts to LSAC.  Just a thought. 

Hi, yes, I did purchase the CAS reporting service. I'm going to try to get a refund and hopefully that will fix it. Thank you!