Acceptance Rates vs Offer Rates

Spinnaker

Spinnaker
  • Law School Admit

Like every other applicant, it's now the waiting game and I am bored, so I have a bit of a theoretical question after seeing various numbers. Because this information is probably not published, I was wondering what people's educated guesses are on what a school's offer rate would be (i.e. offers sent/total applicants)? Everyone knows about the acceptance rate, which is the class size compared to the total number of applicants, but considering that I think most, if not all candidates apply for multiple schools, it would be interesting to know what that number might be close to.

The only reason I'm even thinking about this is because for example, Osgoode says there are 3100 applications received this cycle and 290 spots in the class, which means the acceptance rate would be about 9%. At first, I thought, "wow, if the admissions average is X, and more than half of people have uncompetitive stats and still apply, that would be absurd", but then I remembered that most people who apply to another Ontario school would also have applied for Osgoode (or U of T, Queens, etc.), and decline multiple offers once they pick the best option for them.

What are people's best guesses on what percentage of the applicant pool for each school actually get offers?

MyWifesBoyfriend
  • Law School Admit

Not sure how accurate this is, but somewhere on this forum it has been mentioned that Oz makes ~600 offers, meaning the acceptance rate is closer to 20%. 

However, for certain schools with higher retention yields (i.e., the percentage of students that follow through with their acceptance), the number of offers is much lower. I believe U of T only makes ~300 offers (someone verify this if I’m wrong) since their yield is so high.