3.87 cGPA; 3.91 B3; 87% (UBC) | LSAT: 167

beenonone

beenonone
  • Applicant

Hi! I have applied to UofT, UBC, Osgoode, UOttawa, and McGill with these stats. I'm thinking of retaking the LSAT in January to shoot for a 170. 

B2/L2 (3.94/3.89)

What do you think my chances are?

I have pretty good softs. Two co-ops in big finance, few case competition wins, done some EDI work at my school, been part of a ton of clubs. Good LORs (all profs I personally know). Just need some thoughts!

Edited by beenonone
  • Like 1

beenonone
  • Applicant
On 11/13/2023 at 8:11 AM, WiseGhost said:

Good shot at UofT and likely in at McGill.  

Should I retake the LSAT and shoot for 170+ in January to better my changes for UofT. It's my top choice.

Excited0L
  • Applicant
12 minutes ago, beenonone said:

Should I retake the LSAT and shoot for 170+ in January to better my changes for UofT. It's my top choice.

If you think you can do that and your practice tests indicate that I would suggest doing that to be an even better candidate. Even a few lsat points can make a huge difference. Goodluck 

WiseGhost
  • Law Student

I would ask UofT admissions about taking in January. I've heard some schools wait for your Jan LSAT before reviewing your file, and at that point, the school will already have started sending offers. So taking the Jan LSAT can be a disadvantage if you get the same score or lower.

Dghoul
  • Applicant

As of right now both your B3 and LSAT are at the medium. So the chance is already looking very good. Taking the Jan LSAT won't hurt though, according to UofT's tumblr, they will consider your application as long as you already have a LSAT score, and if you are not competitive for the earliest round, they will consider you for the latter rounds with the updated LSAT score if available by then.