LOR Due Dates?

Legallyanxious

Legallyanxious
  • Undergrad

Hey all, 

So I am applying for this admission cycle and I have everything but my LSAT and one reference (big mistake choosing her as a reference tbh) but some deadlines for law schools is November 1st. Does that include LoR? Am I officially out of the running? 

For more context, I have all my personal statements submitted and have sent in transcripts. 

howareu
  • Applicant
8 minutes ago, Legallyanxious said:

Hey all, 

So I am applying for this admission cycle and I have everything but my LSAT and one reference (big mistake choosing her as a reference tbh) but some deadlines for law schools is November 1st. Does that include LoR? Am I officially out of the running? 

For more context, I have all my personal statements submitted and have sent in transcripts. 

Hey, as far as I know for Ontario schools (I'm not sure if you're referring to Ontario schools), the OLSAS applicant responsibility page online it says "Submit your application and all transcripts and required documents before the deadlines, as specified by the law schools you apply to." and "Ensure you give your referees sufficient time to complete their reference and submit it to OLSAS by the deadline", so from this it seems like they would have needed to be submitted to OLSAS before November 1st. 

MyWifesBoyfriend
  • Law School Admit

The stated OLSAS hard deadline was November 1, 2023, but previous posters on this forum have indicated that schools are more lenient with reference letters. I'd reach out to Adcoms ASAP (e-mail & call) and explain your situation. I can't speak with certainty, but I'd assume they'll be understanding since LoRs are ultimately out of your control. 

• Like 1

tobi
  • Law School Admit

To be honest, your file isn't even complete without an LSAT. It's possible that they haven't pulled your file from OLSAS because it's not complete yet - so there's that. But different schools have different ways of looking at our files or how they consider a file "complete", best to do what BurnerQuestion123 suggested and reach out to adcoms and explain your situation. I wouldn't go calling though, emails should suffice. You can also message OLSAS through the chat function if you haven't already (just to ask clarifying questions). 

• Like 1