Chance Me! (CGPA: 3.88, L2 GPA: 3.98, LSAT 155)

legallyblondie

legallyblondie
  • Applicant

Applying to law schools in Alberta, BC (UBC and UVic), and most schools in Ontario (UOttawa English, UofT, Western, Queens, York). All apps are now received/under review. 

Cumulative 3.88, Last two years 3.98, 155 LSAT (previous was 147). Won the equivalent of valedictorian at graduation. 

The strongest factor in my application is the fact that I've worked at two national law firms (in communications/marketing). The first one I worked at was because I cold emailed and an intern position was created for me. 

My extracurriculars are fantastic, VP Marketing Society in university, and Lead Editor of the university news outlet (as a Journalism student). 

LOR's are also great, all from professors + employers who know me incredibly well. 

Please share your thoughts. 

MyWifesBoyfriend
  • Law School Admit

I would say that you have a good chance at U Ottawa. I would shoot for an LSAT retake if possible in January - you'd have nothing to lose if you've already sent your applications in. 

Chef Justice
  • Law Student

A higher LSAT would help a lot. However, it's not uncommon to see someone with your profile get into Ottawa or Osgoode. They typically are more forgiving for a lower LSAT, if your softs and PS are great.