Chance Me? L2: 3.67, LSAT 159

lawlover96

lawlover96
  • Applicant

Hi everyone,

I've applied to Osgoode, Ottawa, Western, Queens, Lakehead and Windsor.

I have a masters degree and have been working in a law firm for 2 years. I also applied access as I have ADHD.

Thank you!

lawlover96
  • Applicant

It's a 3.1 - I switched my degree in the end of my second year of school from a BS to a BA and so my grades were lower in my initial 2 years due to this.

MyWifesBoyfriend
  • Law School Admit

Access is hard to gauge, so I'll defer to someone more knowledgeable about the admissions process. However, I'd recommend sitting the LSAT again in January since there's nothing to lose - all of these Ontario schools will begin considering your application regardless and you're just a hair away from the 160+ region. Good luck! 

Edited by BurnerQuestion123
  • Like 1

Monophobia
  • Law Student

Decent chances at all those schools. Leaning towards no for Oz. Upward GPA trend is good to see. The LSAT threshold for Western and Queen's is generally 160+. You may be fine with a 159, but I think you're taking a risk considering your lower cGPA. I would also recommend a retake in January to mitigate that risk. Really nobody can assess the weight of access claims. But it is generally unwise to rely on the strength of your claim to carry your application into acceptance.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

lawlover96
  • Applicant

Yes, I do have plans to retake the January LSAT. Hopefully it can push me into the 160s! Thank you for your feedback!!