Chances: CGPA 3.65, L2/B2 3.70 LSAT 159

LawApplicant2556

LawApplicant2556
  • Applicant

Hello everyone!

I have applied to UBC, UVIC, TRU, UOttawa, Windsor, Osgoode, Queen's, TorontoMet & Dalhousie.

OLSAS CGPA: 3.65, L2/B2: 3.7, L3/B3: 3.65.

LSAT Score 159, thinking about re-writing in January

Applied Discretionary/Access

EC: Working as a special education assistant and Behaviour Interventionist, and held 2 retail jobs throughout undergrad. Been volunteering at non profit advocacy for 2 1/2 years as a legal assistant, tax clinic volunteer, fundraising assistant and front desk. In undergrad I was a peer mentor & did a United Nations fellowship, and did a field study & a directed studies class

Any advice or insight would be great & whether or not re writing in January is a good idea.

Edited by LawApplicant2556

Chef Justice
  • Law Student

It's difficult to determine your chances as an access applicant. I've seen people with your stats get into Osgoode but not Western, Queen's but not UOttawa, etc.

I would re-write in January. You are very close to breaking into the 160's and with your profile, a few points could make a difference at least for the Ontario schools. 

LawApplicant2556
  • Applicant

I did apply for January! I think I'm a bit worried that my application won't be viewed till February, which makes me nervous. Also, will I need to notify Ontario schools that I am taking the January LSAT as well, or just update my OLSAS account?

Thank you 🙂 

Chef Justice
  • Law Student

I believe you update your OLSAS account. While your application won't be viewed until February, that's likely around the time someone with your profile would be admitted anyways (give or take) and the certainty a higher LSAT brings will be worth it.